Sunday, September 07, 2008

mind games on the beach

Silvery balls land in cool sand on the beach. I enjoy the golden sunset over the still September sea but the game bores me. I feel myself drifting away from my friends' laughter.

I think:
this is autumn, at its loveliest
soon enough be cold enough for wool and fake fur
this little city by the sea, how lucky I am
could I love loud children who shriek like that
how many of my friends fancy that handsome man over there
why do I drift like this
someone please hold on to me
I'm probably just hungry
melted cheese sandwich with olives

3 comments:

Lucid Darkness said...

Oh the sandwiches seem like a good idea!

And September here has beckoned the onslaught of heat, humidity and hunger. Heh. :)

Aruni RC said...

Autumnal auguries? It really is a beautiful season - the turn of the year and the wind on brittle leaves. To see into another person's thoughts is always interesting (I admit). Especially when there's a disarming honesty about it.
And thank you. Basically, life is what one makes of it. Might sound a bit trite, but there you have it! Yes, there are a few pangs from the past - but I've moved on like everyone else.

Oh and your drifting! They call me a dreamer, but i'm not the only one... Pray insert 'drifter'.

Nabila Zehra Zaidi said...

Shit!

I am hungry too... I am fasting.. :(