Sunday, December 25, 2011

I'd even cut my hair and change my name

A Christmas spent with my beloved family. A Christmas spent longing to be somewhere else entirely where there are no well-behaved kids, well-decorated houses, well-organized lives.

I have to go live in New York. Otherwise I will never be happy ever again. Have to find a way to walk those streets, exciting days, cool and smart people, glitzy bars to look beautiful in, a love to share a bottle of red and cold pizza with in a cramped apartment.

I think maybe I could, if I only first could find fifteen percent concentrated power of will.

finding the gate, finding the door,
finding the streets I used to walk before
when I was free, when I could see
when I was crazy
I wish somebody told me *

And then what? Throw away what I have now? Family, a view of the sea, a job I not only like but even believe in? Where is God and why did he make me want things and how come is life so bloody complicated?

* Marie Serneholt: I Need A House

2 comments:

Aruni RC said...

And merry christmas to you.

What about both, the view of the sea and those smart streets? Impossible maybe, but dreams...dreams...

Different Pen said...

I'm possibly about to start dreaming about having dreams again... so some days I believe that even that is possible. If even one dream ever has come true (and a few of mine have) then why couldn't other ones? Here's to a happy, dream-filled and prosperous new year to both of us!