Sunday, May 26, 2013

my need to name and shame

I cannot come up with a name for my new workplace.

I need a moniker for every workplace I have, one to mutter under my breath or to make desperate jokes about, to preserve my mental health balance. Perhaps it's only to make my life seem more dramatic. Consequently, I have worked in places known (at least to myself, and maybe to my blog readers) as The Little Shop of Harmony, Heartburn Hotel, The Supermarket  ( a hotel ),  The Chicken Coop  and  Magic Valley.

But the name of this one eludes me. 

It shouldn't be that difficult, considering it's a tiny office with some interesting characters, such as the alpha male boss who just got a new tattoo ( a massive skull and crossbones ) and the tiny Chinese girl who asks me things like "If you say 'Satan', will something terrible come?" while a frustrated coworker is shouting the name of that particular devil over and over in the next room.

2 comments:

Aruni RC said...

Hmm. a most vexing conundrum. Those other names added to the joys of discovering your tales and travails.

Different Pen said...

Everything does seem more interesting when you don't call it by its real name.