Wednesday, July 17, 2013

the dragon vs. the silver jeans

I know I'm bored at work when I'm cheered up by the prospect of compiling statistics in a spreadsheet.

But: things are looking up! A coworker has gone on maternity leave, earlier than intended, and her most difficult and complicated project has been dumped on me. As much as I've been dreading this, I feel the same way I used to do when I worked in hotels and for the first time was entrusted to take a shift unsupervised: it's proof that I'm no longer the newbie. That I'm capable of doing the job for real. It's scary but you know that once you've  slain your first dragon,  nothing is really difficult anymore.

So now I'm sitting down to work through a list of all the difficult and complicated details of this project. And I'm wearing silver jeans so nothing can go wrong today.

No comments: