Sunday, February 16, 2014

change and dog bite

The end has not yet arrived. I still go to the office every day to watch the boss try to save the company.

I pretend to be like everyone else, silently chewing nails, trying to not go into hysterics about unemployment and money problems. But inside, I secretly cherish the thought of change in almost any form. Am I odd? Just a symptom of a boring life?

In the meantime, this February is a diluted version of winter. No bright sunshine on white snow, so cold it burns your skin. Instead, the occasional wet blanket of slush that quickly melts into a thick grey soup of mud and water.
Yesterday I moved furniture around my tiny flat and was bitten by the dog that I hug so often. Talked to a friend who probably thought I was distracted and incoherent. Today I will dye my hair brighter, make oven sandwiches, play volleyball and prepare myself for a week of temporary and maybe permanent change.

( Photo by Linda Strömberg-Yucak for Vasabladet )

2 comments:

Aruni RC said...

It is really amazing that you welcome the change. It need not be always a change for the better or a change for the worse - just a change. And surely the sun will shine out the brighter for you, whenever it decides to peek out of the clouds.

take care old friend.

Different Pen said...

Admittedly, the idea of a change is more appealing than the actual change, which is usually scary... But we'll see what happens.