Tuesday, June 10, 2014

seclusion and pretty milk-froth

Tried another café in my never-ending quest for the perfect hang-out spot.

Actually, I have tried it before, more than once. It was even one of my favourite lunch places, back in the day when I still had money to eat out. But cafés are different outside the busy lunch hour. I needed an afternoon test-drive.

The place had potential. Atmospheric décor. An excellent latte with a pretty milk-froth flower. A small but excellent menu of both sweet and savoury. You can even get a glass of something stronger, which is not a given in Finnish cafés. Plenty of walls, so I can feel secluded.

And interesting people. The kind of place where hippie meets preppy.

Predictably, I came up with a new criteria for the perfect hang-out spot. One which was missing here: a view over a busy city street.

So that I can sip my coffee while I raise my eyebrows at interesting fashion choices, sigh over cute dogs and ogle handsome men.

No comments: