Wednesday, June 10, 2015

there's a world not far from here

I take one of my thinking walks.

Not along the beautiful seafront promenade, or the busy streets in the city centre. I walk among back streets and the long street with the long name Korsholmsesplanaden - although that one can't be called a back street, it's a boulevard with a quiet tree-lined footpath in the middle.

I don't look around much. I need to stare at the asphalt beneath my feet in order to sink into a thinking state. I avoid noise and traffic but the occasional dog-walker or cyclist is fine - completely empty streets make me feel abandoned.

I stop for coffee at one of those places with stale coffee and too many men playing the slot machines. When I return home, it's chilly and grey. But children are playing football in the park, birds are chirping around me and all I can think of is a glass of wine and a quiet evening.

I haven't done much thinking. But my mind has slowed down and only plays a quiet melody.

- our hearts are like firestones,
when they strike we feel the love -

No comments: