Tuesday, January 01, 2019

bubbly and the sign of the cross

As I waited for year 2019...

I ate, drank, let a little boy play with my hair, received the sign of the cross on my forehead as I prayed, got the mambo and the salsa mixed up but swinged my hips anyway, got the introverts to chat and sing some very weird songs.

Candles flickered on the window sill, a blizzard raged outside, the Backstreet Boys made us dance.

At midnight, we shivered on an icy balcony and sipped something bubbly pink as fireworks rained down stars on our heads.

I dedicated the first few hours of the new year to diving into the deepest secrets of a woman's life.

I may be lonely, it may be the last New Year's Eve on my beloved balcony by the sea - but I have friends and celebrations and life moves forward.

No comments: