Sunday, February 03, 2019

it's uphill for oddities, the stranger crusaders

Mama said, fulfill the prophecy 
Be something greater, go make a legacy ( - Panic! at the Disco: "High Hopes")

I'm reading my teenage diaries and scaring myself a little. I was so passionate about spreading the love of God and yet so little seemed to be included in that love. I was told that everything would go my way, by a miracle if necessary, and I believed it - which inevitably lead to crushed dreams that would haunt me for decades to come. I was genuinely goodhearted and my dreams went beyond the stars and I was so very, very confused.

But then again, I was a teenager.

So here is one of life's most important lessons: Be compassionate, forgiving, open-minded. Especially towards yourself. Know that you don't know everything and that's OK.

No comments: