Thursday, May 05, 2022

lay me down on a bed of sheepskins

My new (second-hand) sofa is covered in sheepskins and very alluring.

It has been the scene of this year's spring and has hosted tears, covid, work, cold sunshine, tons of books, repetitive strain injury, The Chosen (this spring's favourite TV show), a birthday in semi-isolation. 

This spring, I have been spending money on: sofa, sheepskins, books, ergonomic keyboard, desperately needed new car tires, not so desperately needed bottle of green perfume, headphones, i.e. everything and too much.

On my semi-isolated, almost-recovered-from-covid birthday, I danced to Handel's hallelujah chorus, ate pizza with blackcurrant beer and wandered along the seafront with a friend, stopping to eat chocolate biscuits in the evening sun.

No comments: