Thursday, June 22, 2006

are thunderclouds real?

Looking out at the rainy skies with a frown. Midsummer's weekend starts tomorrow and we should be heading out into the outer archipelago in a traditional old wooden boat with a full load of potatoes, fresh fish, wine, strawberries and laughing people who flirt madly with each other. Of course the sun should throw glittering reflections in the waves of the Baltic Sea as we approach the tiny hut on an abandoned islet where we will make personal history for the next couple of days.

Except that I have a cold fear in my stomach. I'm scared of the unpredictable waves towering over the little boat, the threatening clouds that could throw a lightning bolt our way, the paranoid feeling of having nowhere to go when the closeness to all those laughing people overwhelms me.

Before waves, lightning and paranoia get to me, though, worry will kill me. I bang my head against the wall. The coward dies a thousand times.

8 comments:

Prince K. said...

Don't worry, It's just Summer Solstice, If you want storms, you shoulda be heading for the Bay of Bengal, not the Baltic Sea...

And little boats can go unbeaten too, If you thought smallness = strengthlessness, try being in the same room with a singular female anopheles mosquito...

Aruni RC said...

And still in the middle of being sea-sick and everthing. u'll probablt find time to appreciate. most do.

Prince K. said...

Well, sorry, but then, I like the spider, it is a nice spider.

Prince K. said...

Hello!

Prince K. said...

I have revamped my blog!!!!!
In any case, whats up? Your modem's dead again?

Lucifer said...

Fear.

Wine.

Death,

Paranoia.

I suck at monosyllables, don't I?

Prince K. said...

Yes you do... sort of....

Where are you PP?

Different Pen said...

ah, it's nice having been missed... *warm feeling in my heart*