Thursday, June 01, 2006

my latest thesis, in its entirety

On men.

There are men who never wait for a sign, a look or a flirty comment, before making a move. Men who don't listen, men like bulldozers.

There are men who wait quietly in the shadows, who let you forget they exist, but who materialise in an instant when you say their name. Men who stay when you leave, men without opinion.

There are men who call and ask if they can come in, who stretch out on your couch with a cup of tea. Men who listen and talk and compliment and complain. Men who bring you icecream when you're ill, who cry at your shoulder, who fix your leaking fridge, who tell you that you're beautiful or that they are going to save the world. Men full of life.

The conclusion? I don't know. I still don't know.

6 comments:

Prince K. said...

Erm... AHEM || What...was that? I don't fit into any one of those protective covers except maybe.... I am a bulldozer ehn it comes to a group of people who don't listen... but NOT with women...
I do think I wait for some flirty comment....
I say that you are a beautiful person from the inside... I do think you are a beautiful person from the outside, but to say that you are one would be blatant flattery, as I have not seen you. I really think I am full of life {HEHE}
I talk a lot {HAHA}
I think I can do that cup of tea thing...




But then, I think I shall become the saviour of this world too...

Aruni RC said...

Too much of negative-entity to have any personal touch to add. "Men" seems to be a favorite topic fpr most wenches(hem), and I just happen to me a Male Chauvinist Pig (mpg).

On a more serious note, yes, your 2nd type appeals to me, defeated as they do seem to be. its the ones to whom "unsaid", "half-said" and "might-have-beens" are food and drink.
And they're the ones that are left behind to straighten up the chairs and turn the lights off when the bulldozers are off with their belles. And THEY're the ones who're always there to be a knoght in rusty armour should ever the damsel be in distress. Which seldom happens. Fooled by reality.
So tell me, which of them would you choose, should you ever be confronted with the choice?(no offense)

Prince K. said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Different Pen said...

After input from some very wise people (see above) I was able to formulate the conclusion that I couldn't reach earlier. Here it is: Men of type no. 1 are evil. Men of type no. 3 are good. Men of type no. 2 are mysterious with hidden depths - hence, good. The end.

Prince K. said...

Thank you PP! Did you see the new Javascript link-thingee I did? What would you like your pic to be?

Prince K. said...

Ah... that explains everything