Monday, November 19, 2007

the November miracle

A good cry in somebody's arms, a diet of mostly salmon sandwiches, apples and Cookie Dough Icecream, a job offer, anguish, not enough daylight, wet slushy snow, shivering, an art exhibition, attention-craving, insight into my deepest wounds of the soul, more crying, flea-market clothes, sisterhood, forgiveness, increased understanding of the Nigerian accent.

That's my November so far, the condensed version.

But the most important thing I learned was the miracle of forgiveness. When I was sick of my own guilt, I could no longer be fooled by the humanist reassurance that my life is my own, hence right and wrong is defined by me, hence guilt is nothing but a lie forced on me by religious traditions. Then it arrived, the miracle. Forgiveness. And I was transferred from pain to peace in one single act.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a very warm blog site. Thank You
Your Friend, Shawn

Different Pen said...

Thank you. New people peeking in is always fun!

Prince K. said...

Forgiveness. Wish I had that one thing.
As they say, you should forgive yourselves first. Meh.

Read For one more day by Mitch Albom.

Aruni RC said...

From pain to peace? I am glad for you. It is something we all need to learn - the ability to forgive: really mean it, rather than just good manners.

Forgive my sudden dissappearance and suddener appearance.

Yours as ever,
ARC.

Sayan said...

You make it sound so simple,don't you?

It's better that way.

Different Pen said...

Welcome back, all absent friends (including myself...) and not too absent ones, and new ones!