Wednesday, October 10, 2012

a walk-on part in the city

A walk:

* Forgot my scarf and regretted it.
* Lots of autumn leaves, one hit me in the face on its way down and very nearly left a scar.
* Shame and fear, my constant companions.
* The library: two novels, an essay collection on life in Moscow, a movie on DVD, a CD by Snow Patrol.
* Slumped over a table in the reading room with today's paper, bonetired and questioning the meaning of life.
* Sat in a burger place and pretended I was on the run in a foreign city (I've read too much fanfiction) and dreamed of a man.
* Lots of people, lots of dress styles.
* Low, heavy clouds, chilly, a surprising ray of sun.
* The shopping centre: looking for a headband and an English course book.
* The happiness of perfect denim and tall boots. Not to mention red leather.
* The convenience store: apples, crisps, chocolate, butter.
* Sat on a bench in the park by the marina, watched a big boat being taken out of the water, was slobbered on by a lovely dog, felt that I should sit in the park more often.
* Saw the weird ex-psychologist at least three times at different places during the walk. Not a stalker, he just happened to be wherever I went.
* Phrase overheard: "If you were an atheist, you wouldn't be sitting there."

1 comment:

Different Pen said...

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for complimenting my brilliant article. Yes, loose pearls are indeed very close to my heart, as is evident in this blog entry. If I ever do find myself by your page, I'm sure I will be popping up all over the place.