Monday, February 28, 2022

walking on broken glass

I walked on a path of crystal shards through the forest, with a warm sun in my face, and sang "feels just like I'm walking on broken glass". 

These are the days of that particular February phenomenon. The temperature is still around zero but the air can hit you with shocking mildness when you leave the house, making you reel for a moment as if you had just walked into the loveliest of June mornings. The sun is warm, birds are tuning up their first song of the year. 

But everything is still frozen. So you can walk through swampy forests, on rivers, on the sea itself. These are the days of exploring unreachable woods, seeing the city from the sea, walking out to deserted islands ...

I bring my shades and an oatmeal chocolate cookie, lace up boots made for walking on ice, and set out to discover the world.

1 comment:

MTINX said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.