Friday, January 20, 2006

freaky deep-freeze dreams

I dream about Labradors being charged for murder in ancient Venice and flocks of Comodors attacking me. I don't even know what Comodors are but my dream tells me this is how it's spelled. Feeling a bit nervous now. I think they can fly and look a bit like seagulls with teeth. Anxiously watching the sky and staying indoors just in case it was a premonition.

Another reason for staying indoors is that the mercury shows -21 degrees Celsius. I braved the weather yesterday and on my way through town felt like a tough chick who is not beaten by silly sub-zero temperatures. On my way back the wind hit me and I felt my body heat being blown out of me. SHIVER. Ran through town without stopping once for a red light - I would rather be run over than turn into an ice statue even though that would be a beautiful death. Had to go into a department store halfway home to thaw out. Ended up buying stuff I don't need - blame it on a frozen brain and misguided survival and hoarding instinct.

Still, the sun is shining low on a clear blue sky and no Comodors in sight yet. Maybe I should just test my toughness one more time and then enjoy a lovely sauna... From -20 to +80 in two minutes. That's a hundred degrees difference. They should give me the Nobel Prize for that. Or an Oscar. Or a beautiful headstone.

1 comment:

Prince K. said...

minus WHAT? DAMN! Its freezy. Here in Cal, the temp went up. VERY short winter. How u doing? Some hot drink after that shiver? {I HATE brandy}