Wednesday, May 21, 2014

coffee and pie in the sky

I have never found that perfect coffee shop that I see on Pinterest.

The one with rustic wooden tables, heavenly spiced coffee and bohemian, gorgeous men doing artsy things at the next table while waiting for the love of their life ( a.k.a. me ) to show up. The one where I come up with the idea for a wonderful adventure or write a novel that will change everything.

At least not here, in my town. There are plenty of dreary cafés that haven't changed since the Soviet Union was the pinnacle of fashion. There are some quirky, retro places that are nice for hanging out but where the coffee is hit and miss. There are a couple of places that have perfected the art of coffee but whose atmosphere gives you suicidal impulses.

I even have a recurring dream at night where I drift around town  (sometimes my own, sometimes an unfamiliar one) looking for that perfect, perfect café that I know is located on a sunny upper floor somewhere. I know once I reach it, I will stay there forever and find happiness.

I never quite manage to find it in my dream either.

No comments: