Friday, January 09, 2015

today's the day Camus and Väinö Linna meet

I am an anxious soul so here's today's reminder of what I actually have:

Spiced coffee. A cosily messy flat, lit by tiny warm lamps in every corner. A friend who calls to say we have a hall booked for indoors beachvolley tonight.

I get to feel sand between my toes again! "In the midst of winter, I found there was, in the tiny Finnish hamlet of Karkkimala, an invincible summer."

And I'm working on subtitles for a TV show with famous quotes from the classic movie The Unknown Soldier. Tulta munil!


... With apologies to Albert Camus for the mangled quote above. To continue in his own, mostly unmangled - though translated - words; "And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there's something stronger - something better, pushing right back".)

No comments: