Tuesday, August 11, 2015

end-of-summer habits

As summer draws to a close, I instinctively hoard candles and scented tealights. I think a lot about clothes, like cool scarves and heavy boots - because I seem to be able to handle all the challenges of autumn and returning to work if I just feel good about what I'm wearing.

I get excited about courses I could take and gyms I could join, then get depressed about how overbooked my free time will be, then get excited again.

I alternate between desperately squeezing all I can out of the last summer days and longing to get back to TV and the internet.

This afternoon, I dawdled around in the summer heat in bare legs and silver sandals. This evening, I'm pulling a blanket over me while listening to the chilly rain. I'm in between.

No comments: