Monday, August 03, 2015

I wrote this (can't think why)

From the cutting room floor of my blog, here are a few weird sentences that thankfully never made it to publishing (until now, when I'm desperate enough to post just about anything):

"Trendy toy she absolutely insisted on having: Monchichi."

"... a dismal autumn day, from the perspective of a shop entrance ..."

"How to tie somebody up so they can't get on their feet."

"There are lots of little flies, big mosquitoes and even the occasional hairy spider."

"A chameleon has a tough life."

"Having my home invaded feels like being violated in the worst way."

"New York is a symphony. A galaxy."

"I glimpse a girl who is so pale-skinned that she might be a ghost."

"... too anxious to please God..."

"Today was downright hypnotic."

"Could it be that I'm at the heart of the world after all."

"Volleyball. Forever and ever the love of my life."

"Je voudrais parler à mon père..."

"His latest toy is a large excavator, in which he happily spends hours digging a ditch."

"Forced myself through French lessons despite feeling useless at it and hating every minute (would I do that now?)"

"... a man of mystery, rarely seen outside the kitchen..."

"Too cold and tired for living."

"Finns moan about the ever-lasting darkness."

"All because I got the sack."

"My friend is explaining how to travel across the frozen sea."

"A dozen selfies from various angles of some airhead with nothing to say..."

"... a few more years of this, I will no longer be capable of thinking with concentration on a single subject..."

"I write about Stinissen and the spell check suggests: stinsen, stinnaste, stinknäsa."

No comments: