Thursday, August 18, 2011

don't mess with unknown gods

I have a strong fear of messing with mobile network operators or internet service providers. By messing with them I mean trying to unsubscribe to their services in order to switch to another provider. Or even remotely suggesting such a thing. Or voicing a mild complaint.

Because if they somehow sense your doubts about them, your mobile/internet connection suddenly will start acting up. And you will be kept on hold endlessly when you try to call customer service, listening to scratchy music at the other end of the line while being charged lots of money for your call.

I was never primitively superstitious before I started to use all this technology. Now I'm an unwilling but devout believer in the deus ex machina. Or in the omnipotent power of underwaged, frustrated workers in customer call centres.

No comments: