Friday, August 19, 2011

never previously published

Went dredging through the dark dungeons of this blog again. Rescued some bits and bobs which (no doubt for good reason) never made it past the draft stage:

"Green dinner on broccoli cheese-melt, avocado on crispbread and half a Golden Delicious apple. The apple is probably French so it is appropriate that I also listen to French chansons."
"Can't settle down. Must have a window with a view."
"My dollhouse was inhabited by the clan O'Condor. Apparently I had a thing for everything Irish even at an early age. Or maybe it was the apostrophe that appealed to me."
"A day out on the town in beautiful, terrible boots. Bought: 2 Damp Eaters (sounds like something out of Harry Potter but is a dehumidifier)."
"The cider tastes bitter. I'm from a country where the cider is sweet."
"Endless cups of coffee with cream and endless postponed decisions to go out and find a wood to walk in."
"If you ask Google Maps for directions to go from Seattle to Honolulu it tells you to get a kayak and paddle across the Pacific."
"I am not one to place myself in danger to rescue stupid poodles."
"Wig-selling lady of a certain age..."
"Back to work but I did not let that break the stride of my eternal holiday in this, the sweetest of summers. I shrugged off my workday and headed to the beach to play."
"...this is a picture of my daughter who is a circus performer, I used to be with Sirkus Finlandia myself, my family comes from the Karelia area and Putin is trying to get all Karelians who moved to Finland at the time to move back there, but no way, I'm a Finn not a Russian..."

No comments: