Thursday, August 18, 2011

last year was not my last year

Random excerpts from my recent life:

"Someone has invented a Camembert-burger."
"Going out for dinner with ten athletic men who are, for once, not sweating - my volleyball mates."
"Dress beautifully and dramatically and you will be beautiful and dramatic!"
"Let's do a 'Cambridge' - that is, having a Frappuccino on the banks of the river! Except there is no river here and no Frappuccino worth the name."
"If only I was a little, little smarter. Or a few weeks older." (Quoting Tove Jansson's books)
"There is a wonderful, ugly dog in the neighbourhood who brings tears of joy to my eyes every time I see him because he doesn't only wag his tail, he actually SMILES at me - literally!"
"My best days and my blessed days are ahead of me. Believe it."
"Under every bridge in this town sits a foreigner with a fishing rod."
"Everybody has dated everybody at some point - it's a parody of a soap."
"This evening: New York Super Fudge Chunk Icecream."
"Someone on the radio is saying he's counted the vertebrae on a bird skeleton. There were six. Actually it was only half a skeleton."
"Me and my mother almost got arrested for offensive behaviour. But when you have to go, you have to go!"
"Je voudrais seulement m'en aller cultiver mes tomates au soleil..."
"My nephew took a picture of me posing as a commando with a machine gun."
"A direction to go. I need. Why do I stand still here, always with shame, without mercy on myself, what if I should be in Ireland?"

No comments: