Tuesday, November 14, 2006

a candlestick maker with all the spices

I have decided I want to be a candlestick maker. I like the way it sounds - artistic, bohemian but safe.

I am a person who falls in love with words. I got tired of the taste of vanilla latte a long time ago but I still order it in my local coffee shop. Hopelessly addicted to the word 'vanilla'.

I can't eat very spicy food but I enjoy the taste of the spice names on my tongue. Just muttering "cinnamon, basil, pepper, nutmeg, saffron, rosemary..." to myself improves my mood considerably.

2 comments:

Aruni RC said...

Yeah, " ...rosemary and thyme..."

I kinda like: "Under the mango tree me honey and me go watch for the moon
Under the mango tree me honey an' me go get married soon,
Mango banana and tangerine
Sugar cocoa and coffee be-ean!"

Only part of Dr. No that's lodged into my memory.
Its pretty natural for people with a knack for expression to fall in love with the phoenetics of a certain word or phrase.

Different Pen said...

Lovely. Dr. No's seems to have understood this thing too...