Monday, July 02, 2007

pieces of eight or nine

I have been tagged by Prince Kazarelth to list eight things about myself, but found it impossible. So here are nine...

* I have a juvenile mind. Long after my teenage years, like a teenage girl I look for affirmation from someone I admire at a distance - "my whole existence turning around a word, a smile, a touch". I may never grow up.

* I am addicted to chewing gum and get severe withdrawal symptoms.

* I gravitate between a somewhat failed academic career and a much more fun, but doomed non-career in the hotel world. Nobody understands why, or what I really want, least of all myself.

* I am the Ice Queen in a crowd, cheerful among friends and extremely moody in my own company.

* I have received serious death threats.

* I talk to God.

* I once found heaven on earth and then had to leave in order to preserve my sanity.

* In my music library, I mix dance with church hymns but especially love songs that celebrate life and strength of will.

* I cannot live in ugly places.

7 comments:

Prince K. said...

*Grins widely*

First... thanks a lot for taking that tag.

Second... you are more fascinating.

You are an Ice Queen? Aha! I shall refer to you as the Queen from now on. {Alright... I was just joking. But if you do like it, just say you do!}

You are addicted to chewing gum?! Wow...

You did find heaven on earth? H'm... that must have been... wonderful. Leaving it must've been painful.

We are all young at heart. Just today I told a friend of mine over chat that I am "as bloody young as I was when I started this [Fealdamar]. Probably younger."

A doomed career in the hotel world with seemingly infinite corridors is better than being an academic altogether.
Ah, how I wish I could enter that World.

You have received serious death threats?! Whoa... that must've been either scary or excessively adrenaline-pushing. {Not entirely scared, but somewhat. Hehe}

Music library? How nice... Ah..

We all talk to God, dear PP. I suppose God is there to carry us through our most dreary times...


I said it at the start, and I say it again. You are very fascinating.

***

Oh... and you really made my head bloat when you said "Stupid?!? Nothing in the good Prince's blog is stupid. At all. Any arguments, come see me."

You have a pin, somewhere? (!)

Lucifer said...

Death threat?
That must have been awful.

Prince K. said...

Oh... and er. I edited that post. Go see it if you want to.

Prince K. said...

It shall, dear PP. I am sure that someone will present you with an exquisite set of black-and-gold fountain pens.

You do now, do you, PP? Hmm.. that's er... wonderful!
Flattered? Why would you be flattered when I tell you that you are a beautiful person? If telling the truth is flattering a person, then so be it! I am flattering you.

Aruni RC said...

Ohhhhkayyy... I' barging in as is my wont.
Abt. great minds, don't even get me started. My head's already blowing up having received that particular bit from you. Heh heh.
We are all hollywoodised. I'll let you in on a secret. Psst...in a conversation, if I say, "Well...de Sica is quite perceptive" rather than "George Lucas rocks!" there is generally this sense of 'wow' that I do so love to bask in. We all have our little weaknesses.
The film I was writing about was in shads of grey, but yeah...the ending did have a sort of redemption for the protagonist. Judging you to be an optimist, you might like it. I love people who are not cynics, though I am an insufferable one myself.

And the things about yourself? Well, no wonder I always knew you to be refreshingly different. And I do envy the fact that you have been able to wrench away from the mindless cogs of academia and into the blessed corridors of your cosmic hotels.
And remember, dear PP,
"May you be forever young...
...Do as you've done to others,
And let others do unto you..."
-Bob Dylan.

Found heaven on earth, you say? Do tell us more, Ice Queen...

Lucifer said...

Oh you would know soon! My next post will be that!

Amandeep Singh said...

Great Tag this one is..
Hey i am addicted to gum tooo..
whats teh longest u have chewed to one???