Friday, September 28, 2007

last days of key management

The autumn sun shining brilliantly and I can't decide whether I'm tired or impatient to start the day.

Only a few more days at Heartburn Hotel and I might be missing it later but not now. I seem to spend all my workdays cleaning the kitchen and I'm sick of the smell of disinfectant and the rumble of the dishwasher. The hotel magic is evaporating.

I'm sure I will miss some of the people. The ex-football star and our philosophical discussions on the meaning of suffering. The blind Jehovah's Witness who seemed to be lost, too far from home. The mystery man wandering around in the middle of the night. Santa Claus silently staring into the fireplace. The international backpackers with their aroma of adventure, who make me want to pack my toothbrush, passport and diary and head south, east or west.

This summer may have been tough, tiresome and sometimes depressing, but I learnt. And I saw. I got to handle keys again.

3 comments:

Aruni RC said...

Summer might have been tough for you, but then again ... winter might bring some other vistas as engrossing as Heartburn Hotel or santa,and all the rest.

Amandeep Singh said...

Hey Wishes for new season...hope its great for yaaaa
:)

Prince K. said...

Well... another season change, and new things, I believe. It's going to be sad, isn't it PP?
That's what I dislike. That wrench of last goodbyes.

I wish I was White's Merlin...