Friday, November 09, 2007

someone more desperate than me

I have a cool, detached, neutral, non-upsettable attitude these days. Jaded. Not exactly by choice, probably just worn out my too many private emotions. Can't share the general shock caused by Finland's first real American-style school massacre. Why the disbelief that such a phenomenon should strike this safe little corner of the world?

Somehow, I can't feel surprised at all. Why not here? This is what the world is like.

But it proves my theory that there are so many lonely people out there whom nobody notices. Some of them would do anything, absolutely anything, to be seen and heard. The weird thing is that desperate acts and crazy tragedies don't happen more often than this.

4 comments:

Lucid Darkness said...

Is any corner a quiet little one tucked away from an overabundance of hate now? I guess not.

I'd offer my condolences to the families affected but then, now there are too many deaths everywhere.
*sigh*

And this is truer than ever now: "indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike".

Anonymous said...

so you are saying that finns are like americans. I dont't think so.

Prince K. said...

And well... the world falls into a mythical helical path of fortune, fame and foolishness.

I can't say I am too offset from those three too.

It's bad yes?
It gets worse, I believe.

Prince K. said...

What's going on in my mind, dear PP?
Something that'll torment it for a week and a few days more. Something that it has been hoping for... for a very long time, has suddenly become a bright nova.
But, as all novae go -- it might stay on and eventually become a part of the heavens as a star; or it might just glimmer and disappear.

Whatever the case, I'll find my way back to the blogosphere. At least. I can mask this by telling you metaphorically. I'd trust no one but my blogger-friends with what I just said.
Heh.