Sunday, December 09, 2007

little shop of harmony

I've never worked in a real shop before. Now I do. A bright, friendly shop selling brand new books and music, with a dark but cosy basement packed with second-hand clothes and trinkets. And an all-pervading atmosphere of friendly welcome, a "come in and we will change your life".

Moreover, I discovered that the Santa Claus who used to wander around Heartburn Hotel is a regular customer, buying the odd little trinkets he always left lying around the hotel. So now, folks, you know where your Christmas presents come from. At least the odd ones.

6 comments:

Aruni RC said...

You must be tired of it by now, but i have to say your writing is very moving. Even the simpler things in your life read like a poem. half of it unsaid, which adds to its beauty.
Can i marry your blog?? ;)

storyteller said...

the description of the shop has conjured up a very pretty picture,lucky you..i wish i could work in such a quaint place.very beautifully written :)

Different Pen said...

Thank you both for your kind words! *blush* Admirable Aruni, my blog is beside itself with delight with your proposal.

Lucid Darkness said...

You've got this way of conveying a lot while saying very little. Comments to such writing seem cliched.

Poorna Banerjee said...

I wish I ran a shop.







Its just a wish.

Actually I would like to be claudia schiffer.

Aruni RC said...

*Aruni doffs hat and bows*

(I generally don't turn red - it's directly to purple when I'm blushing)

*Grinning like a maniac AruniRC capers around the shop, presents amok*