Monday, May 26, 2008

spinning into summer

I need to put my books aside for a while. I need to stop admiring my heroes for their strength and bravery and instead develop my own.

I need to spend more time in the sun. I need to carefully consider my priorities. I need to stop worrying and allow myself to live.

Work and people and escaping reality take all my time and energy. I'm spinning at the moment. Struggling to find my central balance.

And I fear the summer. But I will live, one hour at a time.

2 comments:

Lucid Darkness said...

Well, summer, with its warm sun wears away the numbness of the protective shroud. You begin to feel again, and are scared to.

But since you've decided to let yourself try, there's every hope that you won't be swept away by the dusty winds of summer.

Here's to every hour that you choose to live!

Different Pen said...

Very true - in summer you can't hide, or curl up and pretend reality doesn't exist (which I sometimes do very successfully wintertime). This is both good and bad.