Thursday, May 17, 2012

the love war: Twitter and a prayer

A guitar player is loved by all and I can't seem to hold on to him.

I'm a self-pity maestro. But I do not go gentle into that good night anymore. A dream of New York, impossible or not, is the only fuel I need to power my rage.

Against meaninglessness, I employ studying. Against self-accusations, practical plans to improve myself. Against apathy, exercise. Against depressive introspection, decisive action to help the lonely. And against all the darkness of world and soul, I deploy my entire arsenal of music, candles, writing, chocolate and wine, DVDs, fantasy novels, gypsy necklaces, vintage clothes, text messaging, Twitter and a little prayer.

I force myself to stare intensely at the beautiful and weird things around me and love them, for f's sake.

1 comment:

Aruni RC said...

rage, rage against the fading of the light!