Tuesday, January 24, 2017

lesson plan with gold diggers

Things I have learned recently:

That crows bathe in icy water and that there is a whole family of squirrels in the woods along the footpath. That late-night TV is often about truckers in Alaska or gold diggers in Ghana. That I don't hate hospitals as much as I thought. That I feel safer in my bathroom than in my bed. That woollen sweaters with too-long sleeves are a great comfort. That people who want to help can be found absolutely everywhere. That my heart is strong. That I love old ladies. That you should trust more and think less when you're sick. That you can eat bananas when you can't eat anything else.

I have learned to be humble and generous. I have also learned that people love me.

Not bad, for one sickness.

No comments: