Wednesday, May 31, 2017

climbed the highest mountains

I once heard this song referred to, by its singer, as "a gospel song with a restless spirit".

I'm listening to this song while walking through a world slowly turning into the sheer loveliness of spring. I still don't feel well. My mind is weak and under constant siege by nameless fears. I look at the tiny pills I take every night and wonder how I, the strong one, became dependent on these. These pills, people who reply to my anxious text messages on dark nights, and a woman with kind eyes who listens to my deepest secrets twice a month are the only things standing between me and a falling sky. That, and the Word of God.

I believe in the Kingdom Come
Then all the colours will bleed into one
Bleed into one
But yes, I'm still running 

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for

No comments: