Wednesday, January 06, 2016

my most incomprehensible blog entries: a compilation

"My busy work day was paused..."
"Ten years and a thousand entries. I'm not sure how to celebrate."
"The dark but colourful décor, the sangria."
"Accidentally set fire to my hair (three times)."

"I'm faced with an infinity of strange streets or unknown doors that offer adventures beyond my wildest dreams."
"... a woman with wild, brown hair, with storms and bitterness beneath her outward calm."
"Sweet, homemade mead with tippa-leipä, traditional fare on May Day and the day before, Walpurgis night and the mad spring party."

"I minored in history, back at university. Probably because of the house."
" ...stared across the bay at a fairytale castle, dreamed of coffee shops with wooden tables, walked on quiet back streets, made..."
"I felt the deep helplessness of the spoiled urbanite as I was trying to feel my way up four flights of stairs with only the feeble light from my phone to guide me to the right door."

"Vaasa may not be the prettiest of little cities but when you approach it from the harbour it shows off an enchanting skyline."
"Something's awake."
"In a town of cotton-snow I spent a few hours in a favourite place."
"Wonder if I will ever look back on this time with nostalgia. Ah, that winter with those Thursday nights..."

"Why is it that grown-up women like me still tend to get stuck on what our mothers say?"
"The place to come to if you want to meet lorries transporting 50 meter long wind turbine blades."
"My own retirement age is hopefully still decades away but it's never too early to start with these things, right?"
"I parked myself in the pub for the afternoon. Ordered the garlic mushrooms, with a Bailey's Coffee for dessert."
"I'm sure Le Havre is a very nice city."

"Some days begin with me waking up in pure, yellow silk."
"I sing while I walk."
"My eyes hurt, my food cravings won't go away and nothing works."
"Tied a bow into the beard of one of the men. Said, "You know, when Tolkien was writing The Lord of the Rings..." and watched the eyes light up on four of them. Took a picture of one in a little green hat."

No comments: