Monday, February 06, 2006

to put yourself to sleep, read this

No, dear friendly lady from the Unemployment Office, I don't have time to go out and look for a job. Why? Because all my time is spent filling out forms for your office, Social Welfare and the other establishments who might be kind enough to pay for my next meal.

It would be easier if I was a full-time unemployed. Don't take a part-time job if you don't want the Paper Monster to come and get you.

Still. I have seen too many people begging in the gutters of the world and freezing to death while desperately looking for shelter. I have warmth. I have food. I even have wine, blogging, TV. How dare I complain?

You can take a girl out of idealism but you can't take idealism out of the girl. Weird, how it survives disappointment, bitterness and too many punches from the Real World. A little cynic and a little stubborn idealist fight for the space in my confused soul.

Self-analysis completed. God, how boring - can't even be bothered to read through it myself. I need to be funnier. Funny people have all the fun!

No comments: