Thursday, December 21, 2006

good enough to smile at

Lambrusco and after-swim calm, Dido on the CD player and darkness outside. Persistent hunger and guilt. A candle and a few sparse Christmas decorations, an SMS from a friend. I should do laundry, wrap Christmas presents and get a good job. I want someone to love and that thrilling feeling inside. My money disappears and I can't stand any more good advice. I will take time to think. I pour another glass of wine and tell myself that life is here and now and it's good enough for now, good enough to smile at.

As soon as a good song comes on, I will make a dance floor out of my living room and forget the worries queuing outside my door. Because what more do I need?

I've always thought that I would love to live by the sea

to travel the world alone and live more simply
I have no idea what's happened to that dream
cos there's really nothing left here to stop me
It's just a thought, only a thought

But if my life is for rent and I don't learn to buy
well I deserve nothing more than I get
cos nothing I have is truly mine

(Dido)

1 comment:

Aruni RC said...

A good song, great lyrics btw, and yes i know the after-swim calm.... what more does any pianopoet need?