Tuesday, May 15, 2007

the janitor is worried

I defrost and deep fry, insert commas in people's writings, send letters saying "pay us or else" and I try to remember to turn the sauna on in time.

I mix three languages and improvise to balance the till. I tell an old lady that she can't see the sea from here. If I forget to give a receipt for the beer bottle I sell, the place might lose its licence.

The janitor is worried that I will leave too many lights on when I lock up for the night but he is not worried at all that one of the gangsters will steal money from the wide-open safe in the wide-open office.

I don't understand any of this either. It's a hotel. All the explanation you need.

4 comments:

Aruni RC said...

Yeah, way to go, PP. Let the janitor.

"All the world's a hotel, and we're all paying for a hotel-room with our lives. Literally..."

*hem*

"A beer if you please miss. Could you make it on the house?"

Prince K. said...

Heh. Quite a nasty work schedule...
It's a wonder you haven't thrown anything at anyone.. I know I would've...

*The Prince grumbles about humanity...*

Ah, well. {I use this too many times, don't I?} Let's have Finnish Vodka...some day, I'll taste that.

Different Pen said...

A hotel is quite a good metaphor for life itself, I always thought. All those doors.

Haven't thrown anything at anyone yet but the day is approaching...

Eh... beer on the house is a terrible violation of the janitor's rules (he also happens to be the boss). I couldn't do that to the poor worrying soul. On the other hand... if you come all the way to Finland, we'll all have a beer on the house and then I'll run away with you to India. Sorry, Prince, our hotel is a respectably cheap and tawdry place. We don't do fine liquors such as Finlandia Vodka.

Prince K. said...

Ow... that is quite bad...
Ah, well. Never gets better than when it's cheaper! {Alright... that was tawdry...}

And, I am waiting for the day you'll run to India...
Hehe.