Tuesday, June 19, 2007

my bedmate, afternoon sun


Afternoon is the new morning. Just rolled out of bed, was going to make the computer play some pretty music while I hit the shower but here I got stuck reading the blogs of strangers and half-strangers.

Pulling three night shifts in a row and I'm almost not scared at all, alone in the gangster place all night. The shadows in the deserted restaurant deepen around 1 am but then the light gains ground again and I can hear the birds outside. Wondering at the weird people who wander around at 3 am.

This is one long day, lasting from Sunday lunchtime till Wednesday night perhaps, or whenever I manage to go to sleep in darkness again. In the evenings, groggily drinking my wake-up coffee, I feel I missed the transition of one day to another, because sleep is usually the boundary but sleeping in the daytime in a darkened flat only seems like an afternoon nap. Going to work close to midnight I remember that I was there this morning too and my brain fails to cope with this Weirdness.

3 comments:

Aruni RC said...

"To hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour"...

Y'know, pianopoet, I always loved that blog-footer of yours. And truer words couldn't sum up some of our common existential angsts. Or unsaid inclinations.

I knw, I'm unpardonably irregular in my blogging. And I spend mst of the time apologising abt it (grrr..).

Your bedroom looks...befitting of a Pianopoet. Blogging does fill in the grey hours of solitude.

Er...PP...incidentally, what's your actual name? Might be blasphemous me asking, but my curiousity's getting the better of my manners.

"because sleep is usually the boundary but sleeping in the daytime in a darkened flat only seems like an afternoon nap" Intriguing..

Aruni RC said...

btw, weren't you coming up with a novel sometime (okay, a long time back? What's come out of that?

ps - yup, I was trawling thru your previous prehistoric posts...

Prince K. said...

"We all weird." <-- The perfect Bloggers' Motto.

You really should check the stars, PP. They are beautiful. I know you are a stargazer... but I had to say this.

Why don't you try wake-up tea?