Saturday, October 06, 2007

holiday beneath a McDonald's sign

Autumn at 63 degrees north with explosive colours, bleak sunshine, fog, a cold that surprisingly bites your fingers.

I have searched the entire Internet for a trip southwards. Something simple. A flight out of our local airport, a hotel someone else has chosen, a destination not too far away, with a little sun and interesting things to see. But above all, not too many tourists. And therein lies the difficulty. Why can nobody on the entire Internet understand that I do not want to spend my hard-earned holiday surrounded by drunk tourists from my own country, loud music and McDonald's signs?

I go bleary-eyed looking for a holiday and my neck muscles are stiff. I need... a holiday.

1 comment:

Prince K. said...

Come to India!
I'll finance you [once I start earning, of coure]. Hehe.

And holidays reside in your mind, don't they?
My holiday: Staring at the computer screen for ages... and blogging. Blogging yes, a mini holiday..