Saturday, June 14, 2008

a thousand times a million doors


The first sweetness of summer and my next-door granny fed me coffee so I'm on an overdose of caffeine and my heart is beating fast and there are paper-cuts on my hands from wrapping gifts in the shop and a stain of golden green on my index finger and I met a group of Methodists who didn't know I once caused their bishop great disappointment and I found a bootleg CD among my private collection and I hope nobody comes to put me in prison because I said that and I also found a picture of myself where I actually laugh and there are three such pictures in existence and I just want to be loved and Sting is singing "a thousand times the mysteries unfold themselves like galaxies in my head" and I KNOW -

3 comments:

Lucid Darkness said...

I was wondering today, about the people I meet everyday, yet don't really want to see. And then, about those who I want around me, but who will be separated by distance, most regrettably.

I hope that more laughing pictures of you are taken!
*offers some more cofee, although I personally prefer tea* :)

Prince K. said...

And here, the rains have started. Plummeting from nowhere and invigorating thoughts and memories.

Good luck with summer!

Aruni RC said...

Shall I compare thee . . .

Summer - the time for blazing pavements, shimmering tarmac and charred memories. At least in calcutta.
The summers always end, but, as with you, the laughter echoes long after the voice has gone far away,over the Sea and into the West. And I sit yearning for the "touch of a vanish'd hand and a sound of a voice that is still..."