Tuesday, August 19, 2008

softness in the air around me


Back to the desk although it's not as beautifully located as this one (which is my summer desk).

Sometimes I'm glad I'm getting older. New tasks, new responsibilities and new people are no longer as frightening as they once were. Not only because I'm better at believing in myself. But also because I've realised I don't always have to take everything so bloody seriously.

And I have new shoes which make me walk on clouds, and a new pair of velvety trousers which make me believe the world is oddly soft and comforting after all.

5 comments:

Lucid Darkness said...

That's a beautiful desk? I'd want to sit there and write endlessly! And soak in the tranquility of my surroundings.

I'm still very reserved about people and stay as aloof as possible from ones I'm not familiar with. I suppose it's a thing about personal space. I dislike it much if it is infringed without my consent. :P It's very hard not to take some things seriously, though. Especially if they concern matters that you are serious about, or causes you believe in strongly. That's where all the trouble begins. You're serious about something that others around you are not, and you come across as uptight to them, while they seem flippant to you. Heh.

I can empathise about your new shoes! I have a pair of boots which make me really happy everytime I wear them. Sadly, the weather where I live, doesn't let me do that very often. I suppose it makes it even better in a way!

Lucid Darkness said...

Sorry!
Edit: "That's a beautiful desk!"

Typos. Gah.

Aruni RC said...

What a desk! And what a location!
I was momentarily transported to . . . the Shire: the green fields, trees and little streams. Whitmanninsh more than Yeatish. ;) Truly an ideal place for inspiration.

Different Pen said...

> lucid darkness: learning not to take life too seriously is seriously hard work, isn't it?

> aruni: this Shire had mosquitoes though...

Lucid Darkness said...

Oh very. :P