Monday, December 01, 2008

we work while God is playing pool

December 1st. A good day for arriving late at work, a Monday morning, and still find that even busy Christmas shoppers can make you smile. That searching for hard-to-find books and struggling with a credit card machine and talking to someone I used to laugh at 8 years ago is just what I needed today.

All is not lost, as I thought yesterday. Then, I decided that I am a hopeless case and that God is off drinking whisky and playing pool in a bar somewhere where women are not welcome.

4 comments:

Lucid Darkness said...

Well, I'm sure that at least the cleaning lady is allowed in there! ;)

Aruni RC said...

well since's we're made after His image (or so we think) i move motion that we emulate the ...uh . . . divine example. Barring the last commandment of course!

Different Pen said...

I'm heading there right now. Women are needed everywhere.

Aruni RC said...

sure, sure. Do send us a postcard or something from yonder. :)