Wednesday, May 11, 2011

ode to Spotify

She poured the drinks and she poured the power, a diamond girl who could talk for hours
We'll show the world they were wrong, and teach them all to sing along
And it really doesn't matter that we don't eat
I hope all my days will be lit by your face

I said to the man, "Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?"
Try to remind myself that I was happy here before I knew I could get on a plane and fly away
Babylon back in business, can I get a witness?
I sit and talk to God and he just laughs at my plans

All you do is annoy me so I've been sent here to destroy you
When you hear the whistle blow you will know that I am gone
Innanför murar står klockorna still
Take me somewhere I can breathe, I got so much to see

Ihailen sitä kauempaa, ei se muuten ole unelmaa
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
Tonight I'm not taking no calls 'cause I'll be dancing
I'd sing you a morning, golden and new

Om bara Gud visste hur skön jag var skulle Gud säkert pröjsa min lön idag
Gonna let the rain pour, I'll be all you need and more
Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day
I want your leather-studded kiss in the sand

So she throws him at the wall and kisses burn like fire
Medan natten ännu är ung och vår längtan lockar och drar
So I called up the Captain, please bring me my wine
I've always thought that I would love to live by the sea

A stranger in a country that I have yet to meet
Will these memories fade when I leave this town?
Jos sä tahdot niin, nimeäsi enää toista en
Sleight of hand and twist of fate

Thought it would be over by now but it won't stop
We spent the night in Frisco at every kind of disco
Si tu le parle ‘mmiezzo Americano
I can't believe how you slurred at me

I'm boring, I'm moody and you can't take me any place
Take a walk in the park when you feel down
Way behind the water hole, a little down the line
Just say yes, just say there's nothing holding you back

No comments: