Monday, December 26, 2016

where to have dinner in your pyjamas

I stopped by a street kitchen today as I was walking my borrowed poodle.

I rarely eat burgers but options were limited because I had a dog with me. I wouldn't dream of leaving him tied up outside a restaurant or store.

Darkness had already fallen as I ordered a juustokas - a local specialty burger - through a window on a corner of the wintry street. An outdoor candle flickered cheerily on the ground near my feet and the smell of meat sizzling on a grill drifted out.

The lady who made my burger gave me a few pieces of sausage for the poodle, as a bonus. I fit right in among the other clientele waiting on the sidewalk, dressed in a bulky winter coat hastily thrown on over my pyjamas - lazy Boxing Day attire.

The juustokas, which I've never tried before, turned out to be a sausage burger with lots of melted cheese. Just right for a lazy Boxing Day. Tomorrow, I'll go back to salads.

No comments: