Saturday, January 06, 2007

a new ally and an old stubborn friend

How emotions and hope soar in the blue sky one day and take a nosedive the next. I never did like rollercoasters.

I finally joined the 21st century and bought a new phone. My shameless delight knows no limits. How can one not be instantly successful in life if one has a phone like those on TV?

I also shoved my existential panic to the side and booked myself on a flight to the land of my dreams, of storms and peat fires and hot whiskey, of gangsters and everyday poets; Eire, the Emerald Island... Ireland. I have heard it calling to me every day for three years, ever since I left the embrace of its brooding mountains.

"Will you come back?" my family and friends ask me with worry in their eyes. Yes, that's the plan. It's only for a week. My mission in Finland (whatever it is) is not completed.

I'm not sure I sound convinced. How Eire always tears at my heart.

3 comments:

Prince K. said...

Ah, well! Welcome to 2007, {Part of the 21st century...} and, my dad refused to buy me a cellphone for the umpteenth time, citing the fact that it 'disrupts studies'... *sigh*....
I might get it this year, who knows?
And, before you go to Eire, you might as well come to India; I heard FinnAir started their maiden flight from Helsinki to New Delhi this Christmas, with brand ambassador {Who else?} Santa!
Hopefully in 6 years' time, I might fund your vacation here!!!!!!!

Oh, I completely forgot....






H
A
P
P
Y

N
E
W

Y
E
A
R

P
P
!
!
!



And, I'll make you join Orkut somehow this new year!!!!!! {Hehehe}

Different Pen said...

Excellent! Let me know when you will be sending me the ticket for India and I'll be right over!

Your dad is right, a cellphone disrupts studies, work and social life... everything, in fact. Wish my dad had told me that. But he actually gave me money to buy it...

Aruni RC said...

Lucky girl! My dad would sooner shave his prized moustache than actually get me a cell. BUt I'll be getting one soon enough!

As for the India trip, I'm cofunding btw, if Kaz an' you have no problems. When we get the bucj=ks that is .. .