Tuesday, November 01, 2011

influenza: the meaning of life

Today I have: a runny nose, a wheezing chest, a scratchy voice and a faint suspicion that I may be dying.

And, even more incomprehensibly than yesterday, I also still have that mysterious joy of life. As I dragged my soon-to-be corpse to work, I felt a spark of elation when I stepped out into the grey morning. That NEVER happens. And I didn't kick my neighbour's bike which is always parked where it blocks my way.

If this is one of the flu symptoms, I never want to get well, ever again.

2 comments:

Aruni RC said...

Do get well, the bike will miss the customary kick - the simple joys of good neighborliness.
And catching a cold gives a deep voice for free - a Prospero or Gandalf or your own darn choice. :)

Different Pen said...

I must admit I do love the voice...