Sunday, January 22, 2012

saturday night on the Island

Driving the long, dark road to the Island. The car skidding in every curve on the wintry road. Having to dip my headlights and slow down every time I meet another car (which is not very often). Keeping my eye out for elks and hoping the road won't get snowed in before it's time to go back home.

It's tough driving. But I'm experimenting with some new music on the stereo. And when I reach my destination at last, 40 kilometres later, lights are welcoming me from every window of the picturesque cottage. The candles are lit, the table is set and the guests are mingling. The Warrior Princess, dressed in pink silk, is smiling at me. It's the end of the world and the party is on.

2 comments:

Aruni RC said...

Elks?!
Really feel like relocating there PP now. As always the glimpses of another world never ceases to fascinate.

Different Pen said...

Thanks friend! I was glad I didn't see any elks as they tend to crash into cars at high speed. A case of nature coming too close. But yes, they are nice at a bit of a distance...