Monday, February 23, 2015

herbal tea and a kite

My eyes ache from staring at a screen and my herbal tea collection is growing - vanilla chai, chamomile and spiced apple, mango and strawberry, peppermint and nettles, chocolate.

I lift my eyes and they land on a bright blue kite against a grey sky.
I look at it for a long time. I dream about being a läppärikulkuri and of reading Kalevala. I think I should get that suspension thingy fixed in my car so I can drive without limits. I want to be brave.

2 comments:

Aruni RC said...

As a child, I had found the names in the Kalevala wonderfully reminiscent of Tolkien's High Elven. It justified a child's fascination with fantasy and legend and languages and myth drawn from the cold hearths of unimaginably distant lands.

Different Pen said...

Yes, Kalevala is magnificent in its mysterious beauty. To me, as a Finn, it is in a way very distant and strange (speaking as it is out of the mists of ancient times) but there is something in it that goes straight to my Northern soul... Glad to hear it is appreciated by others who are distant in more ways than one!