Sunday, October 26, 2014

darling books: better than Potter

  Books.
  With no windows to let in the sunlight, the stacks were utterly dark except for the gentle light of my candle. Stretching away into the darkness were shelf on shelf of books. More books than I could look at if I took a whole day. More books than I could read in a lifetime.

My favourite fantasy writer is Patrick Rothfuss and the story that begins with The Name of the Wind. It's the tale of the fearless Kvothe - orphan, university student, musician, magician and adventurer. There is a mysterious, beautiful woman who likes strawberry wine, a library with a locked door and even a magic creature or two. What more do you need?

2 comments:

Aruni RC said...

The Kingkiller Chronicles. :)

Different Pen said...

I see you are a man of refined tastes! (Not that I didn't know that already.)