Tuesday, October 14, 2014

sing joy to the world

Maybe that is what I was meant to do. Sing joy to the world.

Maybe that is why I have melancholy as my bonemarrow.

I have realised something: 

If there is a higher purpose in your life, something that you can do better than anybody else for the benefit of the world, there is also an opposite force (Christians call it the devil) that will do its utmost to annihilate that purpose. Some of its most effective strategies is to keep you in the dark regarding your purpose, to distract you from it with a thousand little things, or to make you feel discouraged, cynical or indifferent.

But when you notice these strategies at work in you, they lose most of their power. The power of the purpose inside you is stronger. But you have to consciously choose that purpose every day and stand up against the enemy's strategies.

I'm not very good at it yet. I seem to fall for the distraction trick every time, and the cynicism is a good one, too. But with the power of God, my creator, I can do it.

That was today's little sermon. Now time for a little distraction joyful celebration of all that's good in the world. Like wine.


"My dear children, you come from God and belong to God. You have already won a big victory ..., for the Spirit in you is far stronger than anything in the world.
(The Message Bible, 1 John 4)

No comments: