Sunday, October 05, 2014

staring at fish

I sat for an hour by the water, watching tiny fish leap unexpectedly.

The sun warmed by back like a caress. I stared at my black boots, stared at the water, stared at the fish, waiting for answers to come.

All the heavy questions of the world had landed on my shoulders during my walk here and I felt as if I could not leave until I knew how to answer them.

A couple with a baby stroller and two excited dachshunds sat nearby for a while. An old lady cycled past. On the water, boats came and went. I leaned my elbows on my knees and thought about more or less everything in my life.

In the end, I had enough peace of mind to stand up and walk back home. By then, I had decided to stop faking everything. Henceforth, I will be TRUE and HONEST.

No comments: